Food and friends go together, how many times have we had people over for a meal and panicked that we don't know what to make? It doesn't matter what kind of a cook we are we all need some inspiration from time to time. Remember when cooking for friends they are coming to be with you not to test your cooking skills. Keep it simple, get organized and everything will go smoothly. (And if you just can't, Call Me!!!)
Some points to go by:
1. Choose recipes you know you can manage. Read recipes over before you begin, refer to a work plan, then just relax and enjoy shopping and cooking.
2. Simplicity is important. Make something you are comfortable with. Don't try something new for company. It may become to stressful not knowing if it will turn out.
3. Don't be afraid to cut a few corners in the kitchen. If you are short of time and energy buy a few ready made food items.
4. I find that choosing a style or theme is important as it can add a little extra drama and beauty to the meal. Be bold! Add a few personal touches such as napkins tied with ribbon, vases filled with herbs or fruit, like oranges, limes, lemons. Add a few flowers to that vase and you have a very unique centerpiece.
5. When the cooking is under control, set the table sooner rather than later. Its not something you want to do last minute.
6. Don't forget to pour yourself a glass of wine and put on some great music.