Tuesday, September 27, 2011
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 4x6 in loaf pan with oil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, applesauce and zucchini and blend
together with a wire whisk. Using a spatula very gently fold the dry
ingredients into the wet mixture. Place the thick batter in the loaf pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and Slice.
Friday, September 2, 2011
6 tbsp. butter- (Not Margerine)
2 tbsp. bown sugar
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seed
1 1/2 lb. ham (shaved)
1/3 lb. thin sliced salami
16 oz. sliced swiss cheese
20 medium buns
1. Bring butter, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce and poppy seed to a slight boil until thickens.
2. Cool Mixture
3. On a bun, layer ham, salami, cheese.
4. Place tightly together on a cookie sheeet.
5. With cooled sauce mixture, brush on top of buns.
6. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake covered @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until top of buns are crisp.