Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rhubarb Muffins

One of my favorite seasonal fruits is Rhubarb. It is so tart it makes you pucker like a lemon, but with some added sugar a fabulous treat. One of our favorites is muffins. The recipe is simple and is well worth trying. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think.










Rhubarb Muffins

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 diced Rhubarb
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

Topping

1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. butter

Combine ingredients in order given. Place dough in 24 paper lined muffin cups. Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle on muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

shannon i olson said...

I need to pick rhubarb tomorrow, I think I may try these.